Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Room Make Over part 3-Light Switch Plates







I really did not want my light switch plates to be white and I for sure did not want to spend the money to buy new ones. What I did buy though was a bottle of Mod Podge. I used a coupon for 40% off at Michael's and payed about $6.00 for it. I grabbed a sheet of white scrapbook paper that I have in my closet and searched on line for "free zebra print pattern". It took a while but I found it. If you do this search through the Bing search engine. I saved the picture that I liked, then printed it. I like using the scrapbook paper because its a little thicker than the regular printer paper. I cut the excess off the paper. I laid the switch plate over the paper and using an exacto knife I cut around where the switch is. I also made a small hole where the nails go to nail it to the wall. Next I folded the paper around the plate and proceeded to Mod Podge. I just put a small amount in the lid and used it that way. I used a regular sponge brush to apply the Mod Podge to the plate and slowly pressed down on the paper. I used a plastic card to scrape it that way no bubbles would show. After a few minutes, I applied a thin coat of Mod Podge on top to give it a shine. It dried fairly fast. After it dried completely, I hung it on the wall.
This is my first time to Mod Podge and I love it!!!!
     
                                                                                   xoxox
                                                                                   Christina

1 comment:

  1. I just did this too. Yours is absolutely stunning! I can not wait to do this in even more rooms. It's so easy and the results are spectacular! http://livingcheapandhappy.blogspot.com/2011/04/light-switch-face-plates.html

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.