Monday, February 20, 2012

Epilating My Legs! Philips Satin Perfect Epilator

I am a BzzAgent. This product was given to me to test and review. This is my honest opinion of the product mention. Please let me know if you have any questions. Visit www.bzzagent.com and start bzzing!!!

Hairy legs-I went 5 days without shaving
I wont lie to you, I was super nervous and scared to epilate my legs. I mean who wouldn't?!?!! Have you seen the epilator. It looks like it can cut you up into pieces and the sound matches the way it looks.
Philips Satin Perfect Epilator

I read different reviews and blogs before doing this and most said that the pain was excruciating. A few did not finish there legs because of the pain. This added to my fears. As recommended, I took a very warm shower and exfoliated my legs to soften my skin and hairs. I thoroughly dried my legs and did not add any moisturizers at all. I read the directions and placed the recommended attachment for first time users. After much hesitation, I placed the epilator on my right leg. After a quick call out to Jesus for protection, I turned on the epilator. I epilated about 1 inch of leg........my battery died. I couldn't believe it. I know that I charged it a few days ago. But I did show it off to a couple of friends and family the day before. I charged it and started again.
Are you wondering if it hurt?  My honest opinion is no. Now I'm not going to tell you that it is painless like the underarms because there is a little bit of discomfort. I do tolerate pain pretty well though.  I'm not really sure how to describe this discomfort. Have you ever plucked your eyebrows? If so, where is the most sensitive area to pluck? Imagine you doing that but instead of pulling one hair you are pulling 10 hairs at a time. That is the best way to describe the pain/discomfort. If you are the type of person who can tolerate pain and you are looking for another way to remove hair besides waxing and shaving then epilating may be just for you.
I liked the way my legs felt afterward. They were smooth. I also like the light that is on the epilator. It gives you a better look at the area that you are epilating. It also makes the hairs on your legs stand out more. I am sure that once you epilate a few times it will become less and less painful. I am definitely going to use this for my underarms and legs.
Here are some before and after pictures.

Epilated legs-smooth

2 comments:

  1. how long did it take for the hair to grow back on your legs ?? waxing lasts upto 3 weeks ... so what about dis one ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to epilate about once a week. The hairs did grow back finer. I use it now only on my underarms. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.