Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tres Leches-Cake Recipe

Bake Cake as directed on box


slide a knife around sides of cake

poke holes with a straw

small can of evaporated milk-I accidentally grabbed the big can
Nestle Media Crema and Sweetened Condensed Milk

Mix the milks in a bowl

pour over on top of cake

let is settle for 30 minutes/refrigerate over night

top with whipped creme and favorite fruit-Enjoy!!
This is my most favorite cake to make. It's a very dangerous cake to have in the house. I can eat this whole cake by myself without any problems!! That is why I only make it for birthdays that are not celebrated at my house. I always bake it and take it..........and leave it.
Tres Leches which means "three milks" is so simple to make but oh so yummy and moist. I love baking cakes. I always use a box cake mix. I'm sure there are some people that prefer to use "from scratch" recipes but I prefer to use Pillsbury cake mixes. I love how they bake and the moisture of them.
To make this cake, all you need is a box of yellow cake mix, small can of evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and crema media. Nestle Crema Media can be found in the Latin foods isle. After baking the cake as directed in the box, let it rest for about 5 minutes. Gently slide a butter knife around the edges to make sure the cake is not stuck to the sides. Then take a straw and poke holes all over the cake about a 1/2 inch apart. Grab a mixing bowl and combine the three milks and slowly pour over the entire cake. After about 30 minutes cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or over night. I choose to store it over night just to make sure all the milks have been absorbed. Afterwards frost with whipped creme and top with your favorite fruit. I always use strawberry's, but you can use peaches, kiwi, pineapple or all of the above.
I promise you will love this cake and so will your guest. Give it a try and let me know if you like it. If you have already made this cake but use a different recipe let me know also.
                                              
                                                                                       xoxo
                                                                                      Christina

3 comments:

  1. OMG - thank you for this! I always wondered how to make this cake. I'm definitely going to try this recipe out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this cake it is delicious does it have to be kept in the refrigerator

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size pan for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.