Thursday, January 12, 2012

Super Saving at CVS








My shopping list. I have to be fully prepared

Coupons for second transaction

 98 cents and received $4.00ecb's. Its funny,when I got to CVS I realized I forgot my purse and only had $2.00 cash on me. Thank God for ecb's and coupons!! The clerk was nice enough to hold my stuff for a few minutes while I drove back home to get my purse.

I had to get a Carmex lotion instead of the 3rd Rembrandt toothpaste-shelves were empty.


coupon and ecb's I used for the 2nd transaction. I never gave it a thought about using the Beauty Club $3.00 coupon on men's body wash, but if you look on-line, it does qualify!

I have to admit CVS is my all time favorite drug store. It used to be Walgreen's but not any more. Don't get me wrong, I still love Walgreen's but I feel that I get better deals at CVS.
I really love that CVS has those deals to earn a free $10.00 CVS Cashcard when you buy $30.00 worth of specially marked items. All week I have been looking at the CVS ad. and my coupons trying to figure out how to save the most and of course how to make the most. I don't like printing coupons out because the ink for my printer is so expensive. I keep telling my husband that we need a new printer. It's just one of those things that gets pushed back on the list. It not his fault though, I always forget to mention it to him when we are at Wal-Mart or Target. Anyways, I did print out 3 coupons for the Rembrandt toothpaste because they were each for $2.00 off. I always like to be prepared before I head out to CVS. I make sure to write my list and the estimate money that I am going to be spending. I hate surprises especially if money is involved. I try to keep a back up item in mind just in case something is not available. So here is what I bought:
First Transaction:
4 AXE body washes-$4.49x4=$17.96-$8.98(2coupons for bogofree)=$8.98-$5.00ecb=3.98-$3.00cvs beauty coupon=Total OOP $.98 plus $4.00ecb's!!!!!
Second Transaction:
ALL detergent-$4.00-$1.00coupon=$3.00
2 Clean&Clear-$4.99x2=$9.98-$4.00in coupons=$5.98
Visine-$5.49-$2.00coupon=$3.49
Rembrandt toothpaste=$3.99x2=$7.98-$4.00in coupons=$3.98
Carmex Lotion-$3.99-$1.00coupon=$2.99
Total before coupons=$31.44
after coupons,$4.00ecb's9(from first transaction) and $10.00 (cvscash card from earlier purchase)
Total OOP=$6.12 tax included and I received the $10.00CVScash card
I feel really good about this purchase. I tend to hold on to my CVScash cards for a while until I see a really good opportunity to use it. I have to mark my calendar with the expiration date of the ECB's that I earn. I get really upset when I let one expire. So I hope you get a chance to visit your local CVS and enjoy using their money saving promotions!
xoxo,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.