Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Just Clayin' Around





 Lately I have been looking at YouTube video of charm making using polymer clay. Some of my favorites are SoCraftastic,PaperPastels,GentlemanBunny. SoCraftastic's channel is the one who really got me curious though. I just love her creativity and her detailed tutorials. So I ordered this book called The Incredible Book of Clay. The book cost about $20.00. Today was a rainy day and my husband stayed home from work. Alex and him hung around together so I finally had the chance to use the clay. This was my first time using clay. It gives your hand quite a workout.I decided to make a Hello Kitty key chain. After I finished making and baking it, I did not realize how much of my mistakes would show up. Their was alot of lint visible and little marks that I did not smooth out. After they cooled off, I applied a thin coat of glitter nail polish. After that dried, I applied a thin coat of ModPodge to give it a little shine.I know Sculpy has a gloss that you can apply, but that was all I had on hand. I may purchase it, because I have a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby. I really like the results. I will definitely keep practicing.


Last night I was able to do this pattern on my nails using Bundle Monster Plate 221. I applied a beige color as my base coat then sponged Jaguar by Pure Ice over it in little splotches. I used the Konad Speciall color in black to stamp on the image. After that dried, I used a dotting tool to color in some dark brown spots on the stamped image. I will keep this design on for a few more days.Thanks for stopping by.
                                                                                                       xoxo
                                                                                                    Christina

1 comment:

  1. Great post sweets, I just found your blog, and so happy that I did. I am working on mine as well, plus my YT channel, busy, busy..LOL

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.