Thursday, August 7, 2014

Tarte- Amazonian Clay Foundation

I have  been seeing videos about the Amazonian Clay foundation by Tarte.  Last Monday I went to Ulta to buy it.  I tend to be budget friendly when it comes to buying foundation.  I usually buy Loreal or a BB cream by Garnier or Ponds.  I decided to splurge a little.  I think we all need to spoiled every once in a while.
So when I went to Ulta, there wasn't really anybody on the floor to help me match my color.  I ended up getting medium tan honey.  An associate told me I could return it if it was not my right shade as long as I had my receipt.  I tried it out a few days later and loved the coverage and feel but the color was not my shade.  It was actually way to light for me.  I went back this week to exchange it and to get my free birthday gift from ULTA.  If you read my birthday post I had to get an email from Ulta and print it out to receive my free birthday gift.  I called their customer service number and the operator emailed it to me right away. So I printed that out and was on my way to Ulta.  This time
I chose the shade tan-deep-sand ( tan to deep skin with yellow undertones).  I also had one of the girls  test it on me as well.  I really didn't want to spend $32.00 on their brush so I bought the Real Techniques expert face brush.  I bought the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Finishing powder in translucent.  This is my first time using these product but so far I love the finish of both the foundation and powder.  Although I did make a big mess using the loose powder.  Here are some pictures of my face using the products.

Notice the zit on my cheek. One reason I chose the Amazonian Clay foundation is because I have spots under my eyes and cheeks  that I want to try to cover up with out using so many products.


Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation with SPF 15

Real Techniques expert face brush
as you can see the foundation concealed the zit and gave me a even complexion.  It didn't cover the spots completely but it did even out my skin tone.



This is look after applying the finishing powder.



And this is the completed look.  Even though the foundation is full coverage; it does not feel thick.  It feels natural.  

This is the free CK one Mascara in black.  Its a full size product.  Just remember to print your birthday email to receive this.

These are the products I used today.

**UPDATE**
I have been wearing this foundation for a little over 7 hours.  So far I love it. Yes I am oily on my T-zone but thats normal for me.  I have not touched up my makeup since applying it this morning. 

1 comment:

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.