Friday, August 3, 2012

Couponing-Is it really worth it?

It seems that I have been slacking off when it has come to couponing these past few weeks/months. I used to wake up early to buy the Early Sunday Edition paper on Saturday mornings. Now I have been waiting till Sunday evening to buy the paper and wont go through my coupons until Monday night. This week CVS had a really good sale on certain products that also had amazing coupon values in this past weekends paper. I did not realize how good the sales were until Monday night after I clipped my coupons. I never ever leave my house alone past 7:00pm but this time I ventured off at about 8:00pm. I hate going anywhere by myself that late. I had my list ready and coupons in my binder. In my town there are 3 CVS stores about 5 minutes within each other.

CVS had a grea deal: Buy $25.00 worth of certain Olay product and receive $5.00 ECB


The first CVS is about 5 minutes. The first thing I did was scan my card when I entered the doors. After taking my CVS coupons with me. I headed toward the OLAY facial soap. The shelves were cleared out! I could not believe it. A few coupons that I had expired that night. I was so bummed. I did manage to grab the last 2 Olay body washes which were on sale for $5.99 each. When I scanned my CVS card in the kiosk I received $2.00 off coupon on any 2 body washes. I also had a manufacturers coupon for $3.00 two Olay body washes and a $1.00 coupon off of 2 Mentos gum.
Transaction #1
Mentos Gum 2/$5.00 receive-$1.00 MC=2/$4.00 received $2ECB
2 OLAY body washes @ $5.99= $11.98-$3.00MC-$2.00CVS coupon=$6.98
Total OOP=$10.98
received $1.00 ECB for Green Tag Bag
received $2.00 ECB for Mentos







I got in my car and headed toward the next CVS. Again the shelves were empty. I bought the last 2 Olay face washes.
Transaction #2
Olay Face wash 2 @ $3.74=$7.48-$3.00 MC-$.67ECB=$3.81 OOP



At this point I just wanted to go home. I really don't like having to go to store to store to buy what I am looking for. But I was only 5 minutes away from my next CVS so I drove to it. This time I left with nothing. All the OLAY products that were on sale were gone! In my mind I was wishing that the managers would limit quantities per person. The sale was so good that I probably would have been one of the ones who helped clear the shelves. I was just mad at myself for not buying the newspaper earlier and heading out to the stores before church on Sunday morning. Honestly I wont clear shelves out. I would feel too guilty. No offence to any one who reads this and does clear shelves out♥

Friday is here. I left the house before noon and headed back to the 24 hour CVS and there was only 2 face washes and  OLAY body washes on the shelves. I had a coupon for buy one face wash and get a free body wash. I grabbed a one of the face washes that were on the shelves but it was not on sale. I also grabbing a body wash.
Transaction #3
Olay Body Wash $5.99-$5.99 coupon=Free
Olay Face Wash $4.49-$3.00 CVS coupon (birthday)=$1.49








Received $5.00 ECB after purchasing $25.00 worth of OLAY products





Total OOP=$16.28
Received $8.00 ECB

So in my opinion, YES couponing is very worth it. It does take a few hours to clip and organize my coupons but in the long run it really helps out. Not only for my family but to other families who are in need. I don't think I could go to Walmart and spend only $16.28 on 4 big bottles of Olay body wash and 4 regular size Olay face washes. I did have to drive around to a few CVS and did get frustrated to see empty shelves but thats kind of the fun part too. Getting to the store Friday to buy my last 2 products  made me feel good to get there early before everything was gone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.